Allegro Gaming Library
The Allegro Gaming Library provides C/C++ programmers low level routines commonly needed in game programing, such as input, graphics, midi, sound effects, and timing. It is cross platform and works with many different compilers.
- Ease of Use - comes with comprehensive documentation and examples
- Extensibility - if the built-in functionality isn't enough, there are many add-ons available
- Cross Platform - without changing a single line of code, you can create versions for Windows, OS X, Linux, DOS, and others! Works with many compilers, including DJGPP and VC++
- Open Source - anyone can contribute, including you!
- Free - it won't cost you a dime, and there are no restrictions on its usage