The AjaxRequest library is built with the following goals in mind
- Simplify the interface to using XMLHttpRequest, making it more logical and consistent with what developers expect. No more worrying about the onreadystate handler or status codes!
- Add timeout functionality for async requests, allowing extended functionality if Ajax calls take too long.
- Provide activity monitoring features, so developers can provide accurate "busy" indicators to users when Ajax requests are running in the background.
- Support multiple simultaneous requests which will not collide with each other without any additional work from the developer.
- Simplify form submissions, so submitting a form using Ajax is just a single function call. Form serialization, request headers, form targets and methods - they are all taken care of for you!
An interesting demo of AjaxRequest library can be seen at http://ajaxtoolbox.com/request/examples.php