Zephyr is an Ajax based framework for PHP5 developers. With the robust Zephyr framework developers can easily develop Ajax applications with strong business layer in the backend. The framework claims to be extremely easy to learn and very simple to implement.
Zephyr is an MVC (model-view-controller) framework and supports complete separation of business logic layer from presentation layer. This PHP framework is built using popular and tested libraries in backend. Proven codes make Zephyr more stable and flexible for end users.
Features of the Zephyr PHP Framework
- Zephyr uses Smarty as template engine. so developing templates for Zephyr is flexible and structured.
- adoDB is used as DAL (data access layer) in Zephyr.
- Multiple databases can be managed concurrently in Zephyr actions.
- Zephyr uses CPAINT as ajax interface. So it is easy to pass multibyte characters from and to actions using zephyr.
- Each package has their own initializer
- Implements pre actions processors which helps to run some specific actions before normal actions. This helps to implement stronger validations.
- Supports cron actions which runs after regular interval.
- Easy manipulation of database records. zephyrs internal request manager manages all request parameters in a flexible way so that you just dont need to access and set these parameters exclusively.
- Any PEAR package can be easily integrated.
- There builtin database aggregator object to aggregate databases.
- Supports multiple level of user defined filters
- Easy integration with ezComponents