CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint. The framework is built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
Features of the CodeIgniter PHP Framework
- Small footprint framework.
- Exceptional performance.
- Compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
- Nearly zero configuration requirements.
- No command line requirements.
- No restrictive coding rules.
- Not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries like PEAR.
- No forcing to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
- Eschew complexity, favoring simple solutions.
- Clear, thorough documentation.